Third Sector Solutions delivered Mentoring and Motivational Jobsearch Training to 3500 unemployed people including Lone Parents in the West Country between 2009 – 2014. It is different from previous JCP services and has proved very popular among both participants and referrers
Third Sector Solutions delivered one day motivational training modules in Yate, Bishopsworth, Kingswood, Shirehampton, Easton, Horfield and central Bristol.
Launch Pads – 6/8 week training and placement blocks for Lone Parents were delivered in Bishopsworth, Horfield and central Bristol
Mentoring support was available in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and West of England District
The contract was successfully completed in December 2014
What’s the Support Contract?
In Autumn 2009 Jobcentre Plus awarded new contracts across the UK to provide a variety of different types of jobsearch training and support across the Southeast and Southwest of England.
Pinnacle People were awarded the lead contractor role. Third Sector Solutions has been working closely with Pinnacle People to develop and implement these new services since December 2009
The Support Contract includes the following services –
Modular training days covering
- Realistic Jobs For Me
- Finding and Getting a Job
- Doing Effective Jobsearch
- Skills for Work
- Jobsearch for the Newly Unemployed
- A two month training, groupwork and placement module for Lone Parents
Jobsearch Support Centrer
- facilities and support for carrying out jobsearch activites
- Working with employers to provide support and facilities for newly redundant people
- one to one support for people looking for work
- short term courses to improve skills, certification and licencing for specific work types
- funding for longer term vocational training